Sunday, December 18, 2011

It's been too long!

I've finally decided to write a new post after thinking about it for the last 3 months but never quite getting there. It's terrible I feel guilty for not doing them because I want this to be something the boys can read later when they've grown into men which I hope will be really special for them.




                         



We've just had a lovely weekend with my parents coming to visit to have our christmas with them as they'll be heading over to my sisters new house for christmas day. The boys love having them visit. They also got to start their christmas present opening and love what they got. Enough to keep them entertained for the week. We had a lovely day out at Speers Point parkland yesterday. It is really an amazing park and has so much for the kids to do. Dad says it's the best park he's ever seen. Lucky for us we live very close. We will head there again for Luca's 1st b'day.


So what's been happening then in the last three months. The boys are all growing up very quickly. Lucas is crawling everywhere and getting very quick. His cheekiness is coming out and when I try and grab him for a nappy he'll crawl away quickly and look back at me and smile. He's also been doing this very funny face squinting his face up. Makes us laugh everytime! He's been sick alot in the past month and half which was very tiring. Two ear infections plus teething makes for trying times. Lucas is eating well and some nights sleeping through. The last two nights he has. I think because he is finally not sick or teething at the moment. Greatfully I have had a very good nights sleep last night. I needed it after having two nights before with not much sleep at all. He's also started saying Mum alot. It's been Dadda for so long now. It's nice hearing him say Mum. It will be Lucas's first christmas this week which is exciting. Then not long after his 1st birthday. REally can't believe he is nearly one. It has gone so quickly. Before I know it I won't have a baby anymore. First for me for a long time. I wonder how I'll feel. Maybe relief but I really do enjoy them when they're babies. Everything is precious they're really quite delightful. I think i'll enjoy abit more freedom back though.   
                                                          



William has grown alot too in the last 6mths going from a toddler into more of a boy. Talking very well and saying very funny things. Other morning in out bed we were talking about christmas and Will said I want christmas time I said I know you do he's taking awhile isn't he Will said I don't like Santa anymore. It was quite funny. Jack and Will are great little mates playing everything together. It's so great they have that little playmate and soon they'll have three of them once Lucas can interact more. They still fight alot over things which is normal but overall they play well together. I can tell they'll have a great relationship when they're older. Well I hope. I think Lucas and Jack will too they seem to bond quite well whereas at the moment William doesn't like Lucas. We know this because he tells us. It's just that jelousy thing whereas Jack doesn't get jelous of him. Will is now starting to use the toilet he pretty much started this on his own wanting to copy Jack. Sometimes he'll go off when he knows he needs to go other times not so great luckily this carpet is cheap. This christmas for Will is going to be good because he's older and understands more.

       


Jack is now very much a boy. He recently had his 4th birthday. I took the boys to an indoor playcentre for the actual day. That was alot for me because i hadn't taken them there on my own before but it was fine they had a great day and I got to sit and have a nice lunch which doesn't happen too often. Unfortunately the weather wasn't too good on the weekend of his birthday so we didn't end up doing what we'd planned but the weekend before I took the boys to Sydney for a few days and Jack had abit of a party at my Mums.
Jack is going well at preschool and still really enjoys going and playing with his little friends. He seems to have a couple of best friends. One of them Max is very cute. It's a shame we are not wanting to send Jack to a school in this area where he could go to big school with the same friends I think it would help. He'll definately miss them. He's still got one more year though till then.
Jack's latest thing is he wants to be first at everything. Wants me to give his food first, get him out of bath first etc etc. Think this started from preschool.
                                            




We've had weekends going to the beach together which has been really nice. Unfortunately we haven't had alot of hot weather though. Hoping next month we get to utilise living so close to the beach now. The boys love going and Jack is slowly getting his confidence up in the water.



We also had a camping trip away to Budgewoi in October. It started off not so great with a big storm and torrential rain which had us coming home for a night then going back down to clean everything up. Luckily it didn't rain too much after that. The boys had a great time. The loved the big jumping pillow. Kept them entertained for hours luckily for us. Jack also made some good friends who were all quite abit older but they loved looking after Jack and Will. When we came home Jack kept asking to go see his friends. Good to go in school holidays because they have all the activities on for the kids. We also had Rachael, Patrick and Adam come stay for a night. The boys had great fun playing together. Us adults had a nice night watching Bridesmaids together and eating chocolate once the boys had all gone to sleep. It was really nice. Gee it's alot of work going camping though. The packing and unpacking and the never ending work when your there but the boys do love it so we do it. I think next time we might try another park down that way that might be abit better with a pool hopefully.




The countdown is on till Christmas now. Have a busy week ahead finishing up christmas shopping. Looking forward to it though having our first christmas at home just with our little family. Can't wait to see the boys opening they're presents and enjoying our lunch together before heading over to poppy's and nanna faye's for dinner and seeing Natalie, Brad and Julia.



Well I wish everyone a lovely christmas filled with lots of love and laughter and the best for the New Year too. xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love reading your comments so leave me a note :)